Port Albert, Gippsland
Welcome to The Coastal Township of Port Albert
**Main image and image below is credited Boat Harbour Jetty BnB
Port Albert is a picturesque coastal town located in Gippsland Victoria, Australia, with a rich maritime history and a vibrant local community. Here are some activities you can do while visiting Port Albert:
- Visit the Port Albert Maritime Museum – This museum showcases the maritime history of the area and features a collection of artifacts, photographs, and documents.
- Take a stroll along the Port Albert Wharf – The wharf is a great spot for fishing or just enjoying the views of the boats and water.
- Enjoy a meal at one of the local restaurants – Port Albert has a number of restaurants and cafes that offer fresh seafood and other local delicacies.
- Go on a fishing charter – Fishing charters are available for both recreational and professional anglers, and are a great way to experience the local waters.
- Take a scenic drive along the South Gippsland Highway – The highway offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside and coastline.
- Explore the Tarra Bulga National Park – This nearby national park features lush rainforests, cascading waterfalls, and a variety of walking tracks.
- Visit the historic Port Albert Cemetery – The cemetery is the final resting place of many of the town’s early pioneers and provides an insight into the area’s history.
- Attend the Port Albert Market – The monthly market offers a range of local produce, arts and crafts, and other goods.
- Take a leisurely bike ride along the Great Southern Rail Trail – The rail trail offers a scenic and relaxing way to explore the surrounding countryside.
- Enjoy a picnic at the Port Albert Foreshore Park – The park offers picnic facilities, playgrounds, and a beach, making it a great spot for a family day out.
- Check out the newly added Port Albert Becon Trail
Links to some of Port Albert’s Dining, Activities and Attrations