Metung Hotel Motel
Metung Hotel is located on 4644 sq mt land on the magnificent waters of Bancroft Bay in the Gippsland Lakes.
The Metung Hotel was renovated in late 2005 and the place looks great!
Come and visit us for a drink, something to eat and or watch the Pelicans being fed everyday at 12.00 noon sharp.
If its a nice day, why not have a drink on the boardwalk, right on the water. Maybe bring your boat and tie up. If you don’t have a boat you can hire one locally.
Metung, (formally known as “Rosherville”), comes from the language of the native Kurnai tribe meaning “bend in the lake”.
The first premises’ constructed on the current site was the “Rosherville Hotel”, built in 1870 by Mr G Wood. In 1875 Carl Krecklow, from Berlin, Germany acquired the Hotel and changed its name to “Krecklow’s” Scarborough Hotel. The Krecklow family were Hoteliers on the “Continent” known as Europe today.
The Rosherville and Scarborough Hotel had a covered veranda running around the establishment, which was located only a few feet from the lake.
- We have four double bedrooms, each with one double bed and one single bed.
- We also have two twin single rooms.
- There are two bathrooms one male and one female.
- Please see some pictures of our rooms, they are basic with shared facilities clean and cleaned daily in the best location in Metung.
- There is also ample car and boat parking on site.
All rooms are charged at $85 flat rate.